Our mission is to provide best learning experience through innovative teaching practices supported by excellent laboratory infrastructure and exposure to recent trends in the automotive industry. Provide in-depth knowledge in automobile engineering with equal emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects.
Our vision to develop competent, disciplined imaginative Automobile engineers, equipped with core competency and technical skills.
Message from HOD
Dr S.Baskara Sethupathy Head, Automobile Engineering Department
Our department was established to provide well qualified industry ready engineers in the field of Automobile Engineering. The Department has a team of highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members in diversified streams to cater for all-round development of students. Indian automotive industry is growing at a very fast rate with newer designs of automobiles and change in technologies. This will be a way for moulding our students for a bright future.
Why Automobile Engineering at VEC
- Automobile/Design Engineer
- Material Processing
- Specialist Safety Testing
- Specialist Material Purchase
- Manager Quality
- Control Executive
- Department of Automobile Engineering in VEC, focus on future-ready graduates by well-designed curriculum with established infrastructure and providing mentoring support for their career and professional development from day one.
- Motivate the students to involve live consultancy projects to learn the real-time problems and finding the solutions.
- More than 10% of the students opted for higher studies in reputed universities like Michigan state university, University of Windsor, Cranfield University etc,. Department integrates with SAE Collegiate Club which provides many opportunities to the automobile students to participate in national level competitions. It is a platform for students to exhibit their learning skills in the National level vehicle design and fabrication competitions such as BAJA SAEINDIA, FORMULA BHARAT, SUPRA SAE, Go Kart etc
- 6 % of the students are entrepreneurs doing Automobile service centres, Spare parts etc. Registered under MSME-Udyog Aadhar, Government of India.
The Pillars of Automobile Engineering
- Dedicated Faculty team with specialized in the field of Automotive engines, Thermal Sciences, CAD and Manufacturing Engineering.
- 2 Doctorates : with the specialization of Alternate fuel and Composite materials.
- Patents filed by Faculty in the area of Solar hybrid desalination system and Smart LPG stove.
- Anna University recognized supervisors in Thermal, Automobile and materials domains.
- Faculty members are Pursuing research in the specialized areas like Dual Fuels in I.C. Engines, Thermal Imaging, Duels Oxygenates in I.C. Engines and Solar Desalination.
- Faculty published in Elsevier and Scopus indexed Journals with average impact factor of 4.0.
- Modernization of Curriculum through Autonomy and updating of Syllabi in line with International Institutes of Excellence
- Graduates will be proficient in relevant technological areas like vehicle dynamics, energy efficiency along with electrical and electronics sub systems.
- Design and Fabrication Project in 3rd Year of B.E programme
- Introduction of many new subjects and curriculum models like, Modern Vehicle Technology / Advanced vehicle technology / NGHV
- Modern Vehicle Technology / Advanced vehicle technology / NGHV
- Industrial Psychology
- Finite element analysis for automobile Engineers
- Vehicle Control System
- Automotive HVAC
- Intelligent vehicle system
- Vehicle Styling and Design
- Polymer components in Automotive Manufacturing
- Internship / Mini Project
- Your student days should be among the best days of your life. VEC has a thriving campus life full of intellectual opportunities, exciting adventures, and lasting friendships.
- Whether you’re seeking academic excellence, passionate indulgence in your favourite sport, music or theatre, a vibrant cafeteria for hang-outs, outbound trips to explore the spectacular world beyond the campus, opportunities for social interaction, or just a safe and comfortable place to live.
- Institute encourages its faculties and students to interact with industries by organizing Industrial Visit, In-plant / On-site Training, Internships, Project Works, Guest Lectures, Collaborative degree programmes.
- Department integrates with SAE Collegiate Club which provides the many opportunities to the automobile students to participate in national level competitions. It is a platform for students exhibit their learning skills in the National level vehicle design and fabrication competitions such as BAJA SAEINDIA, FORMULA BHARAT, SUPRA SAE, Go Kart etc
Glimpses from Top Notch Infrastructure
Infosys 3.80 LPA
MyGate & Hyundai Mobis - 4.72LPA / 4.78LPA
Infosys 3.80 LPA
Cogoport 3.3 LPA
CTS & INFOSYS 4.00 / 3.80
Tata Motors 4.00 LPA
He is having 21 years of teaching and 4 years of Industrial experience in which he serving in VEC for the past 14 years. He filed two patents in energy efficient devices. He is specialist in Alternate fuel, Energy and Thermal Sciences.
Dr.V.Chandran, Associate Professor with specialization in Automobile and Materials Engineering. He is Specialist in composite materials. He has a teaching experience of 13 years as well as 1.5 years of Industrial Experience.
Mr.P.Pathmanaban, Assistant Professor with specialization in Automobile Engineering. Pursuing Ph.D in Anna University. He has 9 years of teaching experience. An active SAE member.
Mr.S.Chermadurai, Assistant Professor with specialization in Automobile Engineering. He has 6 years of teaching and 4 years of Industrial experiences. Working on IDEC project worth on 2.5 Lakhs
Mr.Stanly Wilson Louis, Assistant Professor with specialization in Automobile Engineering. He has 9 years of teaching experience. An active SAE professional body member.
Mr.F.Aadil Arshad, Assistant Professor with specialization in Automobile Engineering. He has teaching experience of 6 years as well as 1 year of Industrial Experience.
Mr.M.Senthamil Selvan, Assistant Professor with specialization in Automobile Engineering. He has 6 years of teaching experience. Pursuing Ph.D in Anna University. Received best paper award during National Conference organized by GKM engineering College. . Working on IDEC project worth on 2.5 Lakhs.
Mr.M.Yuvaraj, Assistant Professor with specialization in thermal engineering. Pursuing Ph.D., in Anna University in the topic of solar desalination. Member in the professional societies like SAE, MISTE, EIE. He filed 1 patent in hybrid solar desalination. Currently working with IEDC project worth of 5 Lakhs.
Mr.P.Thennarasu, Assistant Professor with specialization in Automobile Engineering. Pursuing Ph.D in Anna University . He has a teaching experience of 13 years as well as 1.5 years of Industrial Experience. . Working on IDEC project worth on 2.5 Lakhs.
Automobile Engineering FaQs
- The faculty team of the department of CSE comprises 4 Professors, 2 Associate Professors and 24 Assistant Professors, out of whom 11 are Doctorates, 11 pursuing Ph.D and 8 Post graduates with extensive experience.
- Our Faculty team excel in publishing research paper publications both in International Conferences and Journals. (Note: Almost approximately 120 papers per year)
- The team is also involved in getting funded projects worth around 92 Lakhs from funding agencies like AICTE,ISRO.
The curriculum is designed in such a way that it will enable the students to solve many everyday problems through various applications in computer science. The design will be able to solve solution-oriented applications which help to obtain solutions over real world problems.
- Design of Curriculum through Autonomy and updating of Syllabi in line with latest technology so as to meet Industrial needs.
- Subjects are grouped and designed based on the domain.
- Mini-Projects in Undergraduate Programme.
- The ideology of our department is to make company ready graduates meeting industrial expectations.
- Our department gained a niche in the Trusted Global Service spectrum among the student community as it extended beyond Teaching, Training, Consulting, and Automation.
- Companies like L&T infotech, ZOHO, Microsoft, Amazon etc. hire our students with offers of the highest package.
- Our department holds the record of 99% placement in the year 2019 and 86 % placement for 2020.
- Many of our Students opt for Higher Studies in top universities abroad like, University of Illinois Chicago, University of COLORADO, Denver, University of Texas, Dallas, to name a few.
- Our department have 9 spacious class rooms for UG and 2 Class Rooms for PG
- We have 3 faculty rooms providing separate cabins for professors and our department has a separate meeting hall.
- The department has 3 domain specific labs exclusively for UG and 1 lab for PG.
- “Highest Committed student branch activist” award from CSI.
- NCC, NSS and YRC activities by involving in social awareness activities like Swachh Bharat Campaign, Stem Cell Donation, Dengue Awareness Campaign.
- App for Blood donation for YRC – VEC team
- Industrial Visit
- Project Presentation
- Internships to IT companies like TCS, Wipro
- Value added Courses on latest technologies
- Guest Lectures
- MOU with Companies.
The Pillars of Automobile Engineering
Engineering & Medical
- Besides K12 education institutions, we also serve the higher education segment with prestigious Velammal Engineering College and Velammal Medical College, Hospital & Research center.
- Velammal Engineering College was established in the year 1995-96 to impart quality education. It is a self-financing non-minority institution, affiliated to Anna University and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and also an ISO-certified institution.
- Five years back Velammal Group made its foray into healthcare, and within this short span, Velammal Medical College Hospital with its state-of-the-art infrastructure, expert medical team, and paramedical staff have contributed substantially to the growth of a healthy community in Madurai & southern districts.
- Spread over 110 acres of pristine landscape, this is a one-of-its-kind Medical College with a ‘Teaching Hospital’ project in-country. The Campus is situated in a pollution-free environment that will be housing a 12000-bed teaching hospital, residential quarters for the staff, separate hostels for boys and girls and appealing landscaped gardens.
- The entire construction is designed to suit emerging trends in the global healthcare sector. The Medical College is located on one wing and the hospital on the other wing of the campus. The teaching hospital and Dental College, Physiotherapy and Paramedical Institutions, Nursing School, Nursing College and College of Medical Lab Technology are in the other block of the project.
- The Velammal Medical College Hospital and Research Institute is designed as a multidisciplinary medical hub that’s attached with a medical college and its teaching hospital. Enough space is allocated for allied facilities like dental college and hospital, nursing college, school of nursing, and the institute of paramedical science.