The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Velammal Engineering College with its rich and traditional academic ambiance targets both the theory and the practical applications of engineering and technology to handle global challenges of the present and future scenarios. In the present academic year the department is celebrating 25 years of academic excellence since its inception. The department is NBA Accredited since 2002 and also ISO certified. Through autonomy it offers variety of courses across a wide range of topics in UG and PG level in concurrence with the requirements of modern technology and also supports multi-disciplinary industrial collaboration activities. The teaching and learning activities are enriched by our team of highly qualified dedicated faculty members with an average teaching experience of 12 years.
Message from HOD
Professor and Head, Dept of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
In the era of engineering and technology, the role of electrical student engineers is not only to pursue academic excellence but also to motivate and empower to be lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and productive members of an ever-changing global society. In this direction, the department provides an excellent environment for our students and faculties to work with zeal and enthusiasm with an aim to give their best. The department also provides facilities to carry out research in the emerging technology areas. The commitment and passion for learning and teaching by the students as well as faculties will definitely lead our future budding engineers to be industry ready.
Why Electrical and Electronics Engineering at VEC
- UG syllabus is framed to have a proper balance to provide a strong foundation in basics and comprehensive training in latest technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Curriculum is designed to nurture the multi faceted ability in contemporary fields with the flexible electives to choose their career either in core or IT or higher studies in India/abroad.
- Our specialized academic programs are delivered by experienced faculty and industry experts through tech-enabled classrooms.
- Blended learning enables us to maintain uniformity in the classroom training across students get to learn from the subject experts around the globe.
- PG syllabus is formulated to cater the need for specialised power systems engineer with the scope in recent technologies like EV and smart grid.
- Design and real-time working knowledge of projects in electric vehicles and battery management systems
- Analysis and design of New-Gen renewable energy power systems using industry standard software and hardware modules with smart grid integration
- Build a successful research career in global power sector companies
Academic & Research information
42 International Journal Publications and 18 Conferences Publication in last 3 years
1.43 Crore Research grant awarded
Consultancy activities in collaboration with leading industries like Ashok Leyland, Preeti Kitchen Appliances, Voltech, EQuad and TAFE.
The Pillars of EEE
Educational edifice with lakhs of students, hundreds of teachers and several top-notch institutions growing under our umbrella.
- 18 highly qualified faculty members specialized in the field of Structural Engineering, Construction Management, Remote Sensing, Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering.
- We have 9 doctorates that are specialized in Water Resource Engineering and Remote Sensing.
- Need content
- The ideology of our department is to make company ready graduates meeting industrial expectation.
- 100+ placement companies visiting every year