- About Us
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (AI&DS)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Mandatory Disclosure
- Grievance Redressal
- AICTE Feedback
- Curriculum and Syllabus
- Academic Schedule
- Exam Timetable
- Rescheduled Dates – SEE – B.E./B.Tech. Degree Examinations – March 2023
- SEE – B.E./B.Tech. Degree Examinations (I Sem.) – March 2023
- M.E. Degree Examinations Feb. 2023
- MBA – Feb 2023 Examination Time Table
- SEE – M.E. Degree Examination Schedule Sept-22
- SEE – B.E./B.Tech Degree Examinations – Nov./Dec. 2022
- REVISED DATES FOR SEE Dt. 9th & 10th Dec. 2022
- SEE – MBA Degree Examinations – Nov./Dec. 2022
- Examination Fee
- Student Login
- Faculty Login
- MBA – Evaluation form for Photocopy of answer script
- B.E.& M.E – Evaluation form for Photocopy of answer script
- Project Report Format
- Project Report Specimen
- Application Form – Name Correction
- Application Form – Duplicate Certificate
- Application Form – Transcript Certificate
- Registration Form – Ph.D. Course Work
- Hand Book
- Bus Route
- HR Handbook
Department of Physics is a place for learning, fundamental research, innovation, discovery and expression. This department supports the young minds to follow their passion, explore technology, create curiosity and take up scientific challenges across the various engineering discipline. This is one of the sprawling and leading academic and research-based department. Department of Physics is recognized as Nodal Research Centre to have interaction with Anna University for collaborative research program. Faculty members of Department of Physics have received Research projects worth Rs. 142 Lakhs from various funding agencies.
Message from HOD
Dr. S. SHAHIL KIRUPAVATHY, Professor & Head, Department of Physics
A good education is the foundation for a better future. In VEC we ensure that every student entrusted to us will receive wholistic development and also support to unearth all the potentials found in them. The students who come to this beautiful campus enter the world as successful Engineers.
WHY SHOULD WE STUDY PHYSICS IN ENGINEERING COLLEGE?
- Physics helps us to understand how the world around us works,
- Physics gives us powerful tools to help us to express our creativity.
- Physics provides quantitative and analytic skillsneeded for analysing data and solving problems in Science and Engineering.
- Physics is the basis for most modern technologyandopens the door to many career options.
The Pillars of Physics
Educational edifice with lakhs of students, hundreds of teachers and several top-notch institutions growing under our umbrella.
- Our department comprises of seven faculty members who are all active researchers with interests spanning a wide range of domains.
- Our department provides excellent academic ambience to succeed in an increasingly complex technological age.
- Physics department consistently produces 100% results in semester end examinations.
The Spectrum Club
Spectrum Club was started in VEC with the aim of providing opportunities to the students to showcase their talent in various events like paper presentation, poster designing, photography, poster designing and so on to explore Physics beyond textbooks and apply it in day-to-day life. My Dream Project contest is the most important event organized by this club to bring out the innovative ideas of younger minds and transform into products. In short the Spectrum Club of VEC serves as a hub for the technological developments by enriching the analytical thinking of younger minds.
Our physics faculty and researchers are active members who study the simplest things and complicated things too. Our Nodal Centre is at the fore front of many areas where physics can be newly innovated. Physics research department provides students, research scholars and faculties with opportunities across a wide range of fields. Our faculties have published research papers in Journals of International repute. Some of them also have bagged proposals and are actively involved in mini projects sponsored by DST, IEDC, etc.
- To produce proficient graduates for industries.
- Promote Education and Entrepreneurship.
- Build rapport with Industry and College.
- Participation of Industry experts in curricular design.
- Under take Projects with joint supervisor from Industry.
At the end of the course 19PH101T/ Engineering Physics in second semester the students are able to
- Define the basics of properties of matter and its applications.
- Explore the basics of crystals, their structure and different crystal growth techniques.
- Differentiate the concept of thermal properties of materials and their applications.
- Demonstrate the concepts of lasers and advanced physics of quantum theory and its applications in tunnelling microscopes.
- Discuss the basics of semiconductor physics and magnetic properties of materials and their applications.
At the end of the course 19PH102L /Physics Laboratory in second semester the students are able to
- Explore the knowledge of young’s modulus by non-uniform bending to the girders.
- Test the bad conductor by measuring the thermal conductivity and study the thermal properties of a material.
- Demonstrate the rigidity modulus of the wire and moment of inertia of the disc.
- Apply physics principles of optics and distinguish the spectrum of colours using grating.
- Demonstrate the total internal reflection in optical fibres by calculating acceptance angle.
Course oriented papers in third semester are Materials Science (19PH203T), Physics for Civil Engineering (19PH204T) and Fundamentals of Nano science (19PH205T).
Introduction Text: For Autonomous Curriculum, we have designed our syllabus based on students need and, to fulfill the course objectives. We have a common engineering physics paper in second semester and course oriented papers in third semester for different branch. The lists of papers are given below.
Glimpses from Top Notch Infrastructure
We ensure our students hone their skills in the best learning environment.
Our Faculties are true professionals who have the capacity to raise incisive, difficult and sometimes uncomfortable questions that become potential GAME CHANGER. Our Faculty members consider teaching and training of new generation of graduate students as their highest calling.